2016-17 Opera is "Magic Flute"!
(Pictured above) 'Marriage of Figaro" 2015-16 season.
Hands on Opera! is a comprehensive opera program for young singers, offering different levels of participation for children ages 10 - 18. Sign up with our office for an audition and find out more about the program.
REGULAR OPERA: Tuition = $465/$360 for TCNE members participating in the choral program
INTRO TO OPERA (10 yrs. and younger): $300 -applicable to young
opera students between the ages of 5-9 who have not been previously involved in
the program. Interested students will
participate in our Summer opera workshop, and learn about what it takes to
perform in, and put together an opera. At the end of the workshop, they will
perform with the cast in our annual TCNE Summer Showcase! Students then have
the option to participate in the Fall opera rehearsals and production. Come
●Participation is scaled back to
accomodate young ages--rehearsal time is halved, and **includes 20+ hours of
OPERA rehearsal (Week 1--9 am-12pm, Week 2--2:30 pm-4:30 pm) and the workshop
performance. (**This does NOT include rehearsal times or participation in the
choral program during the second week)
- Opera program begins with a two-week summer course & performance followed by fall rehearsals & additional performances:
- Week 1: Monday-Friday, August 8-12, 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Week 2: Monday-Thursday, August 15-18, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 19, 12:00-2:30 p.m., 5:00 call time for a 6:30 p.m. performance West Parish, Andover, MA.
- Fall Rehearsals:
- Weekend rehearsals at West Parish Church: September & October. Specific dates TBD
- Tech Week, Tues. 11/1 and Thurs. 11/3, 5:00-8:00 pm -Location TBD
- Friday, Oct. 28 & Sat. Oct. 29 - 7pm evening performances
- Sunday, Oct. 30 - 2pm matinee -West parish Church in Andover
- Performance venue TBD
- AGE at audition: minimum 10 years old
For over 22 years, that Treble Chorus of New England has been promoting the musical legacy of opera among young generations.
For any questions regarding Hands on Opera!
please email the TCNE office