The Treble Chorus of New England offers exciting and fun starting programs for our children who love to sing and perform.
Workshops end in a showcase free of charge to the public. Family and friends are invited to witness the fine deportment of choristers and an impressive repertoire mastered in just one week.
There are two different workshops*:
1. Singer’s Workshop
Seinger’s Workshop is a week of singing, learning, and making friends. Each day, students get to know their fellow singers during break (snack provided), lunch, and interactive classes.
Our comprehensive curriculum encompasses the following skillsets:
- Sight singing and ear training
- Performance deportment (stage etiquette)
- Diction in English and foreign languages
- Group vocal technique training
- Music theory
Summer orientation is held on the following days:
- August 13 – 17: Monday – Thursday. 8:45am – 2:15pm. (My Own Voice is from 12:35 – 2:15 pm) at West Parish Church in Andover
- August 17: 8:45am – 12pm
- Performance: Friday, August 17. 5:30pm call time for all choirs for 6:30pm. Performance at West Parish Church.
2. Hands on Opera! Workshop
The Hands On Opera! summer workshop is an additional commitment for choristers. Singers work on opera scenes for ten days to develop their musical capabilities and build relationships with one another and the opera staff.
The opera is performed during the concert season and serves as the basis for our annual outreach Education Concert, performed each fall for schoolchildren in the greater Merrimack Valley.
The summer Opera workshop is held on the following days:
- August 6 – 1o: Monday – Friday. 9am – 3:30pm. West Parish Church in Andover.
- August 13 – 17: Monday – Thursday. 2:30 – 4:30pm.
- August 17: 12:00-2:30pm
- Performance: Friday, August 19. 5:00 call time for 6:30pm performance. Location West Parish Church.
*Both Season Orientation and Hands on Opera! workshops are open to the public. Please contact Melanie Muggia for more information.